We’re having FUN, and the season is barely underway! Some shots from last week’s practices…
Now, let’s get in some more on-the-bike practice, but this week and the week after, we will only have Thursday practices–on Aug 9th & Aug 16th. They will both be held at Powell Butte Nature Park led by Coach Lisa, with assists from Coach Bob.
These practices will start at the Visitors Center at 6:15pm with some stretching before we head out and hit the trails.
Powell Butte was a great place to practice this past Thursday. It’s a little further from home for some, closer to home for others and the larger park has many more, longer, wide open trails…allowing us to enjoy a little more rolling time and practice some more sustained climbing and descending as we continue to prepare riders for the the RACE events starting next month.
We’ll look forward to seeing you all at practice and remember the practice essentials…
- Bike (in good working order)
- A small seat bag with an extra inner-tube (for your bike’s wheel size) is a bonus
- Full water bottles (in bottle cages on the bike) or a good amount of water in a hydration pack
- 1 or two snacks…such as bananas, energy bars/gels, granola bars, etc
- Sunscreen and sunglasses (if sunny)
- Comfortable athletic or riding apparel
- Your HELMET!
- Your waivers must be signed!
Coming up / mark your calendars!
We are planning our next Coach’s + Parents meeting for Monday August 27th at 7pm.This will be a 1 hour meeting (plus maybe 15-30 minutes after) where we can…
- share information and expectations about practices and team events going into the school year.
- share information and expectations for the upcoming race weekends.
- rally the families interested in camping out, determine the extent to which we would like to be coordinated and find folks interested in helping as Camp Coordinators (one or two per race weekend, when campouts will occur).
LOCATION is TBD, but it will be someplace close(ish) to downtown / city center, so easy for everyone to get to. More details on this will be posted here sometime on Monday August 20.